Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Future



I’d like to start off by saying that I'm not really writing all these entries today. I've been working on a blog for a while, but hadn't actually published it yet. After today, all entries will be current. Also, the picture is my school picture, and everyone looked that weird. Uniforms aren't know to be terribly flattering. 

    Now that that’s been covered, I’ll move on to the topic of the day (drumroll, please): The Future! Not the future in a sci-fi sense (though that would be utterly bomb) but my future, the goals I have. Despite what you might think from my blatant confidence on this blog, I’m actually a pretty shy and serious person. I’m not exactly popular, as you may have guessed, but I don’t let it bug me. Oh, whatever, I’ll just say it, I’m a total and complete nerd. And guess what? I’m PROUD of it! I actually enjoy being a nerd.

    Now that I’ve gone on my totally off-topic rant of the day, I’ll come back to earth (Or at least the same solar system). The future, what can I say? I’d just like to put out that I know my goals. Unlike a lot of my friends (and most people my age), I know the basic outline for what I want to do in life. Here Goes...

    Okay, my short term goals include doing very well in school, getting into college, and finishing my book (not in this order). Right now, I’m doing a decent job in all three areas, even though I missed out on getting into Algebra II/Trig Honors next year (see my angry math rant). I think I’ve finally found the cure for writer’s block (hint: it involves my playlist) and I got a 4.57 GPA during the first semester of high school. This is important to me because I’d really like to get into a very competitive school (Harvard is my current first choice).

    My long term goals are finishing the Everwind series, starting other books (I have a romantic/young adult novel called Milk and a realistic fiction about a girl from a small town in the very beginning stages right now), becoming a pediatrician, getting married, and settling down to have a family. I’m thinking that I’d like to be a stay-at-home mom, but I’ll decide when it comes to that. I guess it’s good to know what I want to do, but I’m just barely starting to be able to work towards them. Anyway, “Parting is such sweet sorrow, and so I bid farewell, until tonight becomes the morrow” (I strongly dislike the source of this quote, by the way). See you later, I’m off to go write. Wall, out.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some lofty goals. Where's your usual humor?

    ReplyDelete